Total Pageviews

Sunday, 19 July 2015

ARRR. Thank you kind people

It was so nice to hear from some of you.

I am half expecting a backlash from the family though, as no doubt they also signed up to receive my postings.

I am at the point though, where I am not sure I care.

Isn't it funny that years ago, this blog meant so much to me. I had so many hits a day and communication with so many that it was a huge part of my life.

Anyways....what has been happening to me.

A year ago I had baby number three.

I was very poorly after that for a very long time, this put Dd on hold as my husband and I were just floating along trying to cope with the new paradigm of our life.

After what I think may have been 6 years in a Dd marriage, I removed consent. He was devistated. I remember desperately wanting to follow him but at the same time hating the idea.

I had been so poorly for so many months that as I began to recover I felt so thankful to have control of my life again that the last thing that I wanted to do was to follow someone else's rules.

A few months went by, he waited and we fought, we were unhappy and signed up to counselling, Our, previously happy marriage had been torn apart, and I was to blame. Not because of my illness or removal of Dd consent but I had changed entirely.

That was then and now we have put Dd back into our lives. He was so happy when I finally made up my mind. It was strange getting back into it but we are now in full flow, as if nothing had changed.

It has taken him a while to readjust too. Almost like the old days when we were new to it. It took him a while to be consistent and me a while to be submissive.

Life with three tinies is challenging and exhausting! After almost six years of primarily being a stay at home Mum, I have realised that I need a career and to get stuck into something that I am passionate about. After a very long and competitive selection process I, along with 70 others out of 900, have been picked to start training as a midwife. I am so excited. It is going to be fabulous to support women the way midwives have supported me over the years.

So that's me.

It has been a challenging past 12 months but the next 12 are set to be much better!

6 comments:

  1. Oh congrats on your new career choice. Sounds wonderful and such an honour to be chosen from so many!

    As for the blog and how things change, I understand completely. Over time I think ttwd just becomes part of us and the need to process publicly lessens. The excitement of and newness of blogging might wear off? I don't know. I am certainly grateful for all of the support and friends I have made through blogging, but now sharing is for close friends and my husband exclusively. Our reasons may be different but I do understand. After all to everything there is a season right?

    Happy to hear that you have found your way back to each other. I have often said to Barney, I can't imagine living Dd when our kids were little. He just laughs and says it would have been easier for him...much more reasons to spank. SIGH. It is a rewarding but tiring job with 3 little people.

    all the best !
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, good luck with your new career and your return to the dd life!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi C, it's great to hear from you. Life with 3 littles must be so busy and challenging, and being poorly after the last baby on top. Glad to hear life seems to have settled sonewhat, as much as it can with 3 little, and that you and your husband are back on track.

    Congratulations on being selected to train as a midwife, that is awesome :) Wishing you all the very best with your studies.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back C...congratulations on your new bundle but sheesh...3 little ones? Talk about busy. And now you are going to train as a midwife? That is such an honor to be chosen...sending lots of positive energy for you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, look forward to reading. So sorry you've had a rough time. Post pregnancy challenges are quite awful, I've experienced some myself. Midwifery sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, look forward to reading. So sorry you've had a rough time.

    ReplyDelete